ABOUT Katherine Armour
Dr Katherine Armour has a keen interest in medical dermatology, skin cancer diagnosis and treatment, as well as cosmetic dermatology. Her subspecialty interests include anti-ageing and the use of biologic therapies to treat skin disease, in particular psoriasis. Her approach to anti-ageing is comprehensive and includes the use of cosmeceutical skin care, muscle relaxant injections, dermal fillers, as well as vascular lasers and resurfacing lasers such as the Fraxel Dual. Katherine has appointments at the Alfred Hospital, and the Skin and Cancer Foundation of Victoria.
Below are references to clinical publications that Dr Katherine Armour has contributed to:
- Chan B, Reid N, Armour KS, Scott RS, George PM, Maurice PDL. 2014. Hypertriglyceridemia with acitretin use: a retrospective study and a proposal for its management in the context of overall cardiovascular risk. BJD. 171:657-78.
- Strober BS, Armour K et al. 2012. Biopharmaceuticals and biosimilars in psoriasis: What the dermatologist needs to know. J Am Acad Dermatol. 66:317-22.
- Damian D, Yiasemides E, Gupta S, Armour K. 2009. Ultasound therapy for lipodermatosclerosis. Arch Dermatol. 145:330-32.
- Armour K, Orchard D. 2006. Treatment of palmoplantar warts with a diphencyprone and salicylic acid ointment. Australas. J Dermatol. 47:182-5.
- Armour K, Lowe P. 2005. A complicated lichenoid drug eruption. Australas. J. Dermatol. 46:21-4.
- Armour K, Mann S, Lee S. 2005. To shave or not to shave? A pilot study examining the use of the shave biopsy in the initial management of dysplastic naevi. Australas.J.Dermatol. 46:70-75.
- Armour KS, Scolyer RA, Barnetson R StC. 2005. Lepromatous leprosy presenting as a single cutaneous plaque. Australas. J. Dermatol. 46:181-3.
- Armour KS, Clatworthy BJ, Bean AR, Wells E, Clarke AM. 1997. Spinal Injuries in New Zealand rugby and rugby league – a twenty year survey. NZ Med J. 110:462-5.